Brussels Sprout Slaw with Apples and Pecans
Yields 8 servings
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 6 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, fresh
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 diced Granny Smith or Honeycrisp apple
- 2 oz. shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped and toasted
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Using a mandolin or food processor, thinly slice 1 pound of Brussels sprouts and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add extra virgin olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, and crushed red pepper, tossing to coat.
- Add diced apple, parmesan cheese, pecans, honey, salt, and black pepper, then mix. Let stand 5 minutes prior to serving.
Nutrition per serving: 200 calories, 14 g carbohydrates, 5 mg cholesterol, 16 g fat, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein, 430 mg sodium, 7 g sugar.
Recipe from: southernliving.com