Curried Pumpkin Apple Soup
Yields 8 servings
- 2 medium Golden Delicious apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), sliced
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 to 3 tsp. curry powder
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin
- 4 cups chicken broth, low sodium
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Salt to taste
- Fresh cilantro leaves, optional
- In a large saucepan, melt butter then add apples, onion and leek, sautéing until tender. Add garlic and curry, cooking 1 more minute. Next, add pumpkin and broth. Mix well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. Mix in the cream and heat up, but do not boil.
- Remove from heat, cool slightly, and blend in small batches in a blender until smooth. Season with salt, and garnish with cilantro if desired.
Nutrition per serving: 190 calories, 16 g carbohydrates, 40 mg cholesterol, 14 g fat, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein, 220 mg sodium, 8 g sugar.
Recipe from: tasteofhome.com