Hemp Hearts & Coconut Bars
Yields 16 bars
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut, toasted
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 cup hemp hearts
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup raisins, optional
- 3 Tbsp. dark chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Set aside an 8x8 baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, place coconut in an even layer and bake for 5-10 minutes or until lightly browned and toasted.
- Meanwhile, mix almond butter, hemp hearts, maple syrup, cinnamon, and optional raisins or chocolate chips until thoroughly blended.
- Add toasted coconut and mix to combine.
- Add the mixture to the prepared baking pan. Press mixture into the pan evenly and freeze or refrigerate for three hours or overnight.
- When done, lift bars from the pan using the parchment paper and cut into 16 pieces.
Nutrition per serving: 240 calories, 14 g carbohydrates, 19 g fat, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein, 40 mg sodium, 8 g sugar.
Recipe from: manitobaharvest.com