Saving Money and Your Health with Allergy Drops
Most patients who treat the cause of their allergies with allergy drops report significant savings in medical costs (30-50%), while improving their quality of life and ability to participate in the things they enjoy.
Drops compounded using the La Crosse Method Protocol are typically more affordable than other treatment options. Because the doses you take are optimized for your specific allergy needs, unnecessarily higher, and more costly, doses aren’t given. You can also treat multiple allergies at once. Average treatment costs are often less than the co-pay alone for other treatments ($1.25 to $1.50 a day depending upon your allergies).
Because sublingual immunotherapy is not typically covered by insurers, some of the associated costs may require out-of-pocket payment by patients. Despite the out-of-pocket expense, many patients find the cost is still typically less than alternatives—even those that are “covered” by insurance.
It’s important to consider all of the issues that impact the true cost of allergies, including:
- Co-pays for prescriptions and over-the-counter medications
- Deductibles, premiums and co-pays for office visits
- Treatment procedures (surgeries, etc.) and hospitalizations
- Lost work or school days (absenteeism)
- Lost productivity when symptoms are aggravated (presenteeism)
- Reduced quality of life and inability to enjoy activities