Do you treat severe food allergy?
We use sublingual immunotherapy (allergy drops) to train the body’s immune system to tolerate problem foods. This can greatly improve cases of:
- Eczema (atopic dermatitis) caused by common food allergy
- Hives (chronic urticaria) due to food allergy
- Asthma flares due to food allergy
- Anaphylaxis / systemic reactions to foods
- Recurrent ear infections in young children
We can begin treatment at any age, independent of IgE production levels or skin reactivity.
Consistent treatment is key to success. Patients who follow treatment as instructed, (taking drops three times every day and keeping regular follow-up appointments), typically reach tolerance that allows an oral challenge within three years. We routinely will not attempt oral challenges in children younger than six.