5-Minute Hot Cocoa
Serving size: 1 serving
- 1 cup unsweetened milk of choice
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp. semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp. sugar or 1/2 packet powdered stevia or sweetener of choice
- Optional, 1/8 tsp. peppermint extract &/or coconut whipped cream for topping
- Warm milk on the stovetop in a saucepan over medium heat or place in a large mug and microwave for 1 minute.
- Once milk is warm, add cocoa powder, chocolate and sweetener of choice. Whisk to combine.
- Continue to cook on the stovetop or heat in the microwave until chocolate is melted, cocoa is well mixed and desired temperature is reached. Taste and adjust sweetness as preferred. If using, add peppermint extract and stir into cocoa and top with coconut cream.
Nutrition per serving: 165 calories, 26 g carbohydrates, 8 g fat, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein, 176 mg sodium, 19 g sugar.
Recipe from: minimalistbaker.com