Arugula Basil Pesto
Serving size: 8 servings
- 1 1/2 cups baby arugula leaves
- 1 1/2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 2/3 cup pine nuts or nuts of choose
- 6-8 cloves garlic
- 1, 6 oz. can black olives, drained
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/8 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, ground
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor, place arugula, basil, pine nuts, garlic and olives. Process until a coarse paste. Add olive oil, lime juice, vinegar, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper, pulse until smooth.
Nutrition per serving: 294 calories, 5 g carbohydrates, 31 g fat, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein, 228 mg sodium, 1 g sugar.
Recipe from: allrecipes.com