Arugula Salad with Cannellini Beans
Serving size: 4 servings
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1, 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 3 tbsp. white wine
- 1 tsp. dried sage
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1, 15 oz. can cannellini beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups arugula
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Cook garlic, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, wine, sage and thyme, stir to combine and increase heat to medium high, allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes. Stir in cannellini beans and basil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook until beans are heated thoroughly (about 3-4 min.).
- Place arugula leaves on a serving platter or divide among separate dishes. Scoop bean mixture and place on top of arugula. Top with shaved parmesan if desired.
Nutrition per serving: 262 calories, 33 g carbohydrates, 3 mg cholesterol, 9 g fat, 9 g fiber, 14 g protein, 237 mg sodium, 3 g sugar.
Recipe from: allrecipes.com