Baked Apple with Crisp Topping
Yields 4 servings
- 2 apples, Fuji or McIntosh
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam, jelly, or preserves
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour
- 3 Tbsp. butter, cold and diced
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 cup oats, uncooked
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut each apple in half horizontally. Using a knife or melon baller, cut out the core from each piece of apple. Rub lemon juice on the exposed apple flesh, and place 1 tablespoon of jam into each hole.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, butter, brown sugar, oats, cinnamon, and salt together. Press the mixture on top of each apple, covering the jam. Place apple halves in a baking dish filled with ¼ inch water. Bake until the tops are golden brown and tender, around 35-40 minutes.
Nutrition per serving: 240 calories, 39 g carbohydrates, 25 mg cholesterol, 10 g fat, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein, 105 mg sodium, 25 g sugar.
Recipe from: foodnetwork.com