BBQ Bean & Oat Burgers
Serving size: 6 servings
- 1/2 cup steel cut oats, cooked
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. cumin, ground
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked quick or instant oats
- 1 15 oz. can of beans drained, any variety
- 2 Tbsp. canola or olive oil, divided
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet and sauté onion until soft. Add garlic and carrot and sauté an additional minute. Add spices and cooked steel cut oats, and cook until oats are well mixed.
- In a medium bowl, mash drained beans and the barbeque sauce together. Add the cooked oat mixture and the uncooked oats.
- Let sit for 10 minutes to firm. Once firm, make into 6 patties.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil and cook patties for 5 minutes on each side. Serve with your favorite toppings.
Nutrition per serving: 280 calories, 45 g carbohydrates, 7 g fat, 6 g fiber, 10 g protein, 310 mg sodium, 7 g sugar.
Recipe from: oatseveryday.com