Black Bean Avocado Brownies
Serving size: 12 servings
- 1, 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 2 eggs or egg substitutes (for more cake-like brownies, use 3 eggs)
- 1/2 avocado, large
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar (or 1/2 cup maple syrup)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chip + 2 tbsp. for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Set aside greased 8x8 baking dish.
- Using a food processor, add all of the ingredients except the chocolate chips. Pulse until smooth and well blended. Batter should be thick. If too thick, add 1 or 2 teaspoons of water and mix.
- Fold in 1/3 cup of the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the greased baking pan. Spread batter out evenly and sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips on top of the batter.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely and enjoy.
Nutrition per serving: 166 calories, 27 g carbohydrates, 27 mg cholesterol, 6 g fat, 5 g fiber, 5 g protein, 183 mg sodium, 15 g sugar.
Recipe from: ambitiouskitchen.com