Black Bean Hemp Burgers
Yields 6 servings
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 red onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup Brazil nut or nut of choice
- 1⁄4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1⁄4 cup hemp seeds
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. sea salt
- 1-14 oz. can black beans
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- Burger fixings of choice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and set aside a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Using a food processor, pulse the red pepper and onion until minced. Add to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the Brazil nuts, pumpkin and hemp seeds, garlic cloves, chili powder, cumin, and sea salt to the food processor. Pulse until the mixture is grainy. Add to the mixing bowl.
- Add the beans and cilantro to the food processor, pulse until smooth, then add to the mixing bowl.
- Add the oats to the mixing bowl and stir all ingredients together until well combined.
- Form 6 patties and place on the baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes, remove from oven, and flip with a spatula. Bake an additional 10 minutes. Serve with burger fixings of choice.
Nutrition per serving: 240 calories, 20 g carbohydrates, 14 g fat, 5 g fiber, 10 g protein, 115 mg sodium, 4 g sugar.
Recipe from: food.com