Blackberry Honey Walnut Salad
Serving size: 8 servings
- INGREDIENTS FOR SALAD:
- 10 oz. spinach or spring green mix
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 honey crisp or fuji apple, chopped
- 1 granny smith apple, chopped
- 1 mango, peeled & chopped
- 1 small cucumber, sliced & quartered
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ½ cup feta
- INGREDIENTS FOR HONEY ROASTED ALMONDS:
- 1 cup raw walnut halves
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Set aside a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Honey Roasted Walnuts: In a medium microwave safe bowl, warm honey until just liquefied, add walnuts and mix to combine until all walnuts are coated with honey. Spread walnuts separately on the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with sugar and salt, let cool completely until hardened about 5-7 minutes.
- Salad: Combine all of the salad ingredients, including walnuts in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
Nutrition per serving: 186 calories, 21 g carbohydrates, 8 mg cholesterol, 11 g fat, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein, 262 mg sodium, 11 g sugar.
Recipe from: carlsbadcravings.com