Blueberry Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Serving size: 2 servings
- 1 tbsp. butter, softened
- 4 slices whole wheat bread or gluten-free bread
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2-3 oz. cheddar cheese or dairy-free cheese substitute
- 6 thin slices apple
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly butter one side of each bread slice.
- Drizzle honey over 2 slices of bread and top evenly with blueberries.
- Add cheese slices over the blueberry layer. Next add apple slices and top with remaining cheese and bread slices, buttered side-up.
- Over medium heat, in an oven proof skillet, cook sandwiches until golden brown on bottom. Flip sandwiches over and transfer skillet to oven. Bake 5 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Nutrition per serving: 386 calories, 45 g carbohydrates, 45 mg cholesterol, 17 g fat, 5 g fiber, 15 g protein, 433 mg sodium, 20 g sugar.
Recipe from: allrecipes.com