Brazil Nut Breakfast Cookies
Serving size: 12 servings or two cookies per serving
- 1/4 cup Brazil nuts
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut, shredded
- 1 tbsp. flaxseed, ground
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/3 tsp. salt
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp. honey
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Set aside a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Crush Brazil nuts by placing in a plastic bag and pounding with a rolling pin or pulse in your food processor.
- Make oat flour by placing oats in a food processor and pulsing until finely pureed.
- In a large bowl add crushed Brazil nuts, oats, oat flour, hemp hearts, raisins, coconut, flaxseed, cinnamon, baking powder and salt and mix.
- In a separate bowl, peel bananas and break into chunks, mash with a fork then add honey and melted coconut oil and mix.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix.
- Place batter by the spoonful on the baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition per serving: 220 calories, 22 g carbohydrates, 13 g fat, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein, 70 mg sodium, 5 g sugar.
Recipe from: sbs.com.au