Serving size: 5 servings
- Salt and pepper
- 3 cups kale choppex
- 1-2 tbsp. water or broth
- 1 large honey crisp apple, diced
- 2-3 tbsp. coconut oil, for cooking
- 1 lb. ground meat (pork, chicken or beef)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled & diced
- Spice Mixture Blend:
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. sage, dried
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- In a small bowl, mix cinnamon, onion powder, garlic powder, dried sage, and turmeric together blending well.
- In a skillet on the stove top thoroughly cook meat in 1 tablespoon oil. Season with salt, pepper and half of the above spice mixture blend. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add remaining oil. Next, add sweet potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook uncovered for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cover skillet and lower heat to medium-low and cook another 3-5 minutes or until soft. Add apples, kale and water or broth. Cover and cook until kale wilts, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add remaining spice blend, mix and cook uncovered for an additional minute.
- Add cooked meat to sweet potato mixture and mix. Cook another minute or until meat is thoroughly warmed. Remove from heat and serve.
Nutrition per serving: 190 calories, 22 g carbohydrates, 10 g fat, 5 g fiber, 4 g protein, 115 mg sodium, 2 g sugar.
Recipe from: choosingchia.com