Briam (Traditional Greek Roasted Vegetables)
Serving size: 8 servings
- 2 pounds potatoes, cut into 1/8 inch thick slices
- 4 large zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 4 small red onions, sliced thinly into rounds
- 6 ripe tomatoes, diced or 128 oz. diced canned tomatoes with juice
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. oregano, dried
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- Feta cheese, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Set aside a 9x13 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, toss potatoes, zucchini, onions, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper and olive oil together. Add the diced tomatoes and parsley and toss thoroughly.
- Add the mixture to the baking dish and spread out evenly. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour and stir. Bake an additional 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minute prior to serving. Garnish with feta cheese if desired.
Nutrition per serving: 330 calories, 36 g carbohydrates, 19 g fat, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein, 420 mg sodium, 7 g sugar.
Recipe from: allrecipes.com