Broccoli Sweet Potato Cakes
Serving size: 4 servings
- 1 lb. (2 cups) broccoli florets, chopped into small pieces
- 2 lbs. (3 cups) sweet potatoes, peeled & diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- Combine broccoli, sweet potatoes, onion, and water in a large pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and cook covered for 20 minutes.
- Once done, drain vegetables in a colander and mash with a potato masher or in a food processor.
- Add thyme and season with salt and pepper. Mix well and divide mixture into 10 patties.
- In batches, heat 1 tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add patties and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side.
- Serve hot.
Nutrition per serving: 166 calories, 22 g carbohydrates, 8 g fat, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein, 88 mg sodium, 5 g sugar.
Recipe from: sheknows.com