Brussels Sprouts with Oranges and Bacon
Serving size: 6 servings
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 2 oranges, cut in half, then into 1/2-inch slices
- Salt to taste
- 3 to 4 strips thick-cut bacon, cut into 1/4-inch pieces, about 1 cup
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed & halved
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Oil a rimmed baking sheet.
- Place sliced oranges in a single layer on the baking sheet. Coat both sides with 1 tablespoon oil and season with salt. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Add bacon to baking sheet and roast 12 minutes more.
- Toss Brussel sprouts with the remaining 4 tablespoons of oil and season with salt. Add to the baking sheet, tossing ingredients to combine.
- Roast until tender, 25 to 30 minutes more. Toss one additional time while roasting.
Nutrition per serving: 200 calories, 16 g carbohydrates, 5 mg cholesterol, 14 g fat, 6 g fiber, 6 g protein, 160 mg sodium, 7 g sugar.
Recipe from: marthastewart.com