Bulgur Salad with Spinach, Tomatoes and Herbs
Serving size: 6 servings
- 1 cup dried bulgur wheat
- 3 Tbsp. dill, fresh, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves, fresh, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 cups lightly packed baby spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add bulgur and return water to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook covered for 12-15 minutes. Remove from heat and fluff bulgur.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix spinach and onion. Add bulgur to the spinach mixture and toss. Let sit for 3 minutes until spinach slightly wilts and grain stops steaming.
- Add parsley, dill, tomatoes, oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix until combined. Sprinkle feta over the top. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Nutrition per serving: 160 calories, 22 g carbohydrates, 10 mg cholesterol, 7 g fat, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein, 210 mg sodium, 1 g sugar.
Recipe from: washingtonpost.com