Burrito Zucchini Boats
Serving size: 6 servings
- 3 zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Salt & pepper
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 cup cheddar, shredded
- 1 cup Monterey jack, shredded
- Freshly chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Set aside a 9x13 baking dish.
- Cut zucchinis in half lengthwise. Scoop out the inside of the zucchini and set aside.
- Put halved zucchinis in the baking dish, cut side up. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 10 minutes and remove from oven.
- While zucchini is baking, heat a large skillet over medium heat with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add onion and the zucchini that was set aside, cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and cook an additional minute. Add ground beef and cook until thoroughly done.
- Mix in seasonings, then add black beans, tomatoes and corn. Scoop mixture evenly into the zucchini halves. Top with grated cheeses and bake another 15 minutes. Garnish with cilantro prior to serving.
Nutrition per serving: 440 calories, 17 g carbohydrates, 100 mg cholesterol, 29 g fat, 3 g fiber, 32 g protein, 450 mg sodium, 6 g sugar.
Recipe from: delish.com