California Walnut Omega Burgers
Serving size: 6 servings
- 2 cups walnuts, toasted
- 1 cup garbanzo beans, low sodium, rinsed & drained
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup gluten-free bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds, ground
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 eggs
- 2 cloves garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a food processor combine walnuts, beans, cooked quinoa, bread crumbs, chia seeds, apple cider vinegar, 1 tbsp. olive oil, cumin, eggs, and garlic. Pulse until ingredients are finely chopped. Season with salt and pepper.
- Set aside a plate with the 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts. Next, wet your hands to shape the walnut mixture into 6 patties. Press patties into chopped walnuts on both sides.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Cook patties 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Use more oil if needed to prevent patties from sticking.
- Serve on a toasted bun or a bed of lettuce with avocado, tomato, and onion.
Nutrition per serving: 438 calories, 20 g carbohydrates, 55 mg cholesterol, 37 g fat, 7 g fiber, 12 g protein, 94 mg sodium, 2 g sugar.
Recipe from: walnuts.org