Carrot and Edamame salad
Yields 6 servings
- 1 bag frozen, shelled edamame
- 3 large carrots, peeled & grated
- 3 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. tahini or peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1 Tbsp. unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. Asian garlic chili paste or hot pepper sauce
- Add edamame to a saucepan of boiling water and cook for 4 minutes. Drain boiling water and rinse with cold water. Place in a large bowl.
- Add carrots and parsley to the edamame and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine tahini, soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger, garlic, and chili paste. If the dressing is too thick, add 1-2 tablespoons of water to thin.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss until coated. Serve immediately.
Nutrition per serving: 130 calories, 13 g carbohydrates, 5 g fat, 4 g fiber, 8 g protein, 330 mg sodium, 3 g sugar.
Recipe from: heartandstroke.ca