Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies
Yields 12 servings
- 2 Tbsp. flaxseed, ground + 6 Tbsp. warm water to make flax eggs (or substitute with 2 eggs)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/4 cup olive or avocado oil
- 1 cup gluten free flour mix
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp. cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 tsp. ginger, ground
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup carrots, finely shredded
- 1/2 cup coconut, shredded
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- If using flax eggs, mix ground flaxseed with warm water in a small bowl and let sit until thickened, about 3 minutes. If substituting with 2 eggs, omit preparing the flax eggs.
- Combine sunflower seed butter, maple syrup, and oil in a large bowl. Add flax eggs or regular eggs and mix.
- Next, add flour, oats, cinnamon, ginger, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix until well combined then fold in shredded carrots, coconut, walnuts, and raisins.
- Scoop out 1/4 cup portions of the batter and place on the baking sheet. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to completely cool.
Nutrition per serving: 290 calories, 31 g carbohydrates, 17 g fat, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein, 190 mg sodium, 13 g sugar.
Recipe from: bobsredmill.com