Cauliflower Apple Walnut Soup
Serving size: 4 servings
- 2 tbsp. olive or coconut oil
- 3 cups cauliflower, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1/4 tsp. fresh thyme, optional
- 32 oz. vegetable stock, low sodium
- 1 apple peeled, cored & chopped
- 1/2 cup walnut halves, lightly toasted, omit if allergic
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 3-4 stalks celery, diced
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place walnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until walnuts are fragrant. Avoid over roasting. Set aside.
- In a large soup pot heat oil over medium heat. Add prepared onions and sauté for 5 minutes. Then add cauliflower and carrots. Cook until soft, about 4 minutes. Stir often.
- Next add celery, apples and turmeric. Mix well to ensure all vegetables are coated with oil and seasoning. Sauté another 5 minutes.
- Add roasted walnuts and mix. Season with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Add vegetable stock and stir to combine. Bring to a boil and simmer until vegetables are soft, about 10-15 minutes.
- Leave as is or to create a smooth soup, blend with an immersion blender until smooth. Or use a blender and blend soup in batches to receive desired smoothness. Serve warm.
Nutrition per serving: 237 calories, 18 g carbohydrates, 17 g fat, 5 g fiber, 7 g protein, 409 mg sodium, 9 g sugar.
Recipe from: jenniferweinbergmd.com