Cauliflower “Cheese” Sauce
Serving size: 6 servings
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 1/4 cups water, or as needed to thin
- 1 lb. cauliflower, washed & cut into florets
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Set aside a baking sheet or oven safe dish.
- In a large bowl, toss cauliflower pieces with garlic cloves and olive oil. Pour them out in a single layer onto the baking dish and roast in the oven for about 30 minutes or until tender.
- Place roasted cauliflower and garlic in a blender, add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Serve warm over vegetables or nachos.
Nutrition per serving: 56 calories, 6 g carbohydrates, 2 g fat, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein, 419 mg sodium.
Recipe from: detoxinista.com