Celeriac Mash with Herbs
Yields 6, 1/2 cup servings)
- 1 1/2 lbs. celeriac, peeled & diced into 1” pieces
- 4 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1/2 cup unsalted chicken or vegetable broth
- 3 Tbsp. fresh herbs, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Using a steam basket in a saucepan filled with 2-3 inches of water, steam celeriac for 40 minutes or until tender. Remove celeriac from the basket and transfer to your food processor. Use caution as celeriac will be hot. Let cool if needed.
- Once celeriac is in the food processor, add the butter, broth, herbs, and salt. Process until smooth and serve hot.
Nutrition per serving: 120 calories, 11 g carbohydrates, 20 mg cholesterol, 8 g fat, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein, 380 mg sodium, 2 g sugar.
Recipe from: eatingwell.com