Chia Seed Pudding
Serving size: 2 servings
- 1 cup milk or dairy-free milk of choice
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/8 cup honey or maple syrup (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients until combined. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Serve chilled and top with diced fruit, nuts, granola or coconut if desired.
- Additional ideas: blend milk with 1 cup fruit such as berries or bananas for a fruity treat. After blending mix with addition ingredients. Also try mixing 2-3 tablespoons cocoa powder to the recipe for a chocolate treat.
Nutrition per serving: 256 calories, 35 g carbohydrates, 6 mg cholesterol, 10 g fat, 10 g fiber, 9 g protein, 59 mg sodium, 64 g sugar.
Recipe from: thechiaco.com