Chicken with Ginger
Yields 6 servings
- 1/2 cup of 1/8” thick fresh ginger matchsticks
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 1/2 lbs. skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 1/2” chunks
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. white vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 cup scallions, sliced
- Soak the prepared ginger in cold water for 10 minutes, then drain.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over high heat. Brown the chicken in two batches for 6-8 minutes each and then set aside.
- Using the same skillet over medium heat, cook the ginger, onion, and garlic, stirring until lightly browned, 8-10 minutes. Add soy sauce, vinegar, and sugar and whisk. Cook an additional 3-4 minutes until sauce has thickened. Add the cooked chicken and mix with the sauce. Once warmed, remove from heat and add the scallions to serve.
Nutrition per serving: 210 calories, 10 g carbohydrates, 65 mg cholesterol, 6 g fat, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein, 550 mg sodium, 6 g sugar.
Recipe from: marthastewart.com