Chickpeas with Leeks and Lemon
Serving size: 4 servings
- 2-4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 twig rosemary, fresh
- 2 cups chickpeas, cooked
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 lemon, zest & 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 4 leeks, cleaned & diced in rounds
- Heat olive oil, garlic and rosemary in a large skillet over medium heat. Remove rosemary twig and set aside once garlic and rosemary turn fragrant.
- Add diced leeks and a pinch of salt to the garlic mixture. Cook and stir often until leeks are soft, about 5-8 minutes. Add the cooked chickpea and mix well, cooking an additional 5 minutes. Chickpeas should have a slightly darker color.
- Using a zester, zest half a lemon. Add to the pan along with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Mix well and taste test. Adjust seasonings as needed and return rosemary twig to the pan. Enjoy warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition per serving: 250 calories, 34 g carbohydrates, 8 g fat, 7 g fiber, 8 g protein, 190 mg sodium, 5 g sugar.
Recipe from: delish.com