Chilled Beet Soup
Serving size: 4 servings
- 1 lb. beets, steamed, boiled or roasted, coarsely chopped, skin removed
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 2 tsp. lime juice, fresh
- 1 tsp. ginger, peeled, and grated
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- 4 tsp. fat-free plain yogurt (optional)
- 4 tsp. salted, pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- In a blender or food processor, add cooked beets, coconut milk, lime juice, ginger, salt, and pepper and puree until smooth.
- Pour pureed soup into a container, cover and chill in the refrigerator for a minimum of one hour.
- Serve chilled with 1 teaspoon each of yogurt and seeds placed on top of soup.
Nutrition per serving: 140 calories, 13 g carbohydrates, 9 g fat, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein, 336 mg sodium, 10 g sugar.
Recipe from: foodnetwork.com