Chipotle Pork Loin with Blueberry Kiwi Salsa
Yields 6 servings
- 2 kiwis, peeled & diced
- 1 pint blueberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. paprika or chipotle chile powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1-2 lb. center-cut pork loin
- 2 Tbsp. avocado oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, gently toss the kiwis, blueberries, cilantro, onion, vinegar, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- Whisk together the paprika or chipotle chile powder, along with the turmeric, cumin, remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Pour mixture onto a plate, and roll the pork loin into the spice mixture until completely coated. Then, drizzle the pork loin with avocado oil.
- Place pork loin in a 9x11 baking dish. Roast on the lower rack, uncovered for 35-40 minutes or until fully cooked. Temperature check the loin using a meat thermometer with a goal temperature of 145°F to ensure it is fully done. Let rest 5 minutes prior to serving. Serve with blueberry kiwi salsa and your favorite side dish.
Nutrition per serving: 280 calories, 12 g carbohydrates, 75 mg cholesterol, 15 g fat, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein, 470 mg sodium, 8 g sugar.
Recipe from: epicurious.com