Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
Yields 4 cups or 32 servings
- 2 cups hazelnuts, skinned
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 lb. semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 4 clean 8 ounce jars with covers
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Using a rimmed baking sheet, spread hazelnuts out in a single layer. Place in oven and roast for 13-15 minutes or until golden. Let hazelnuts cool completely. Remove any skins by placing hazelnuts in a clean towel and rubbing.
- Place hazelnuts in a food processor with the sugar and pulse until a paste forms, around 1 minute.
- Using a double boiler or a medium metal bowl placed over a large saucepan of simmering water, add the chocolate. Stir chocolate until melted, then remove the bowl from the saucepan. Add the butter and mix until melted, then whisk in the cream and salt. Last-ly mix in the hazelnut paste.
- Pour the chocolate hazelnut spread into clean jars and let cool. Once cool, cover with lids and chill in the refrigerator. Remove from refrigerator and let sit to soften, then enjoy.
Nutrition per serving: 170 calories, 12 g carbohydrates, 15 mg cholesterol, 14 g fat, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein, 60 mg sodium, 9 g sugar.
Recipe from: boneappetit.com