Citrus Endive Avocado Salad
Serving size: 4 servings
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 large red grapefruit
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 Tbsp. tangerine juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 medium tangerines, plus more for juice
- 4 medium endives, trimmed, leaves separated
- 2 Tbsp. fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- ¼ cup roasted almonds, chopped
- In a small bowl add honey, tangerine juice, salt and pepper and combine. Whisk in the oil until well blended.
- Slice the avocados in half, remove the seed, and cut thick slices in each shell and scoop out with a spoon. Toss the avocado slices in the dressing to prevent browning.
- To cut the citrus fruit, slice a thin piece of the peel from the bottom and top of the fruit. Place the fruit on one of the flat sides. Cut along the natural curve of the grapefruit to remove the skin. Once the peel and pith is all removed, place the fruit in your hand over a bowl. Cut alongside each individual membrane with a paring knife. The fruit segments will slide right out. Continue until all segments are free.
- In a serving dish, carefully toss the avocado slices, endive leaves and citrus segments with the remaining dressing. Season with additional salt and pepper if desired and serve with mint leaves and almonds.
Nutrition per serving: 270 calories, 23 g carbohydrates, 20 g fat, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein, 170 mg sodium, 7 g sugar.
Recipe from: gourmandeinthekitchen.com