Coconut-Ginger Chickpea Rice Dish
Yields 6 servings
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 large tomatoes, seeded & chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded & chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh gingerroot, minced
- 2, 15 oz. cans chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup canned light coconut milk
- 3 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, minced, plus more for garnish
- 4 ½ cups cooked brown rice to serve
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the onions and sauté until tender, stirring often.
- Add the tomatoes, jalapeno, and ginger. Cook another 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Add the chickpeas, water, and salt, bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer, and cook uncovered for 5-10 minutes or until the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove from heat and mix in the coconut milk and cilantro.
- Serve with rice and garnish with more cilantro if desired.
Nutrition per serving: 410 calories, 71 g carbohydrates, 10 g fat, 11 g fiber, 12 g protein, 410 mg sodium, 9 g sugar.
Recipe from: tasteofhome.com