Coconut Mashed Rutabaga
Yields 4 servings
- 2 medium rutabagas, peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk, canned
- 2 tsp. maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- Add diced rutabagas and garlic cloves to a large pot of salted boiling water. Boil until tender, about 20-30 minutes, then drain and set aside.
- Add coconut oil to the pot and heat over medium. Add the curry powder, ginger, and cinnamon, stirring for 30 seconds.
- Next, add the coconut milk and maple syrup. Bring to a simmer, then add the rutabaga and mash all ingredients together. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle individual servings with cilantro to garnish.
Nutrition per serving: 140 calories, 22 g carbohydrates, 6 g fat, 5 g fiber, 2 g protein, 180 mg sodium, 12 g sugar.
Recipe from: foodnetwork.com