Cream of Rutabaga Soup
Yields 6 servings
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 ribs of celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cup rutabagas, diced
- 1 medium potato, diced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup milk
- Chives to garnish
- Cook bacon in a large pot until crisp. Remove from pot, crumble and set aside.
- Using the same large pot, sauté onions, celery, and garlic in bacon grease for 5 minutes.
- Add the diced rutabaga, potato, chicken stock, salt, and pepper. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Blend using a hand blender in the pot or blend in a blender in batches and return to pot once done.
- Add the milk and stir into the soup. Heat to serving temperature, but do not boil.
- Garnish with bacon and chives.
Nutrition per serving: 120 calories, 17 g carbohydrates, 10 mg cholesterol, 3 g fat, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein, 320 mg sodium, 6 g sugar.
Recipe from: food.com