Creamy Dijon Leeks
Serving size: 4 servings
- 1 bunch leeks, washed
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. flour of choice
- 1 cup broth of choice, low sodium
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp. parsley, minced
- Begin to boil water in a saucepan with a steamer basket.
- Rinse leeks under cold water and slice off bottom root area. Halve leeks lengthwise then cut into 3-inch pieces.
- Steam leeks for 10-12 minutes or until tender.
- In a saucepan, heat olive oil and sauté shallots for 2 minutes. Season with salt and add flour and mix. Whisk in 1 cup of stock and cook until thickened, about 4 minutes. Mix in Dijon mustard and parsley. Spoon sauce over leeks and serve.
Nutrition per serving: 100 calories, 17 g carbohydrates, 3.5 g fat, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein, 130 mg sodium, 5 g sugar.
Recipe from: foodnetwork.com