Creamy Red Pepper Sauce with Fresh Basil
Serving size: 3 servings
- 2 red bell peppers, rinsed
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 12 oz. gluten-free brown rice spiral pasta
- ½ cup pine nuts, cashews or sunflower seeds
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp. water
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh garlic
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and put whole bell peppers in the pan and roast for 20-25 minutes or until browned. Remove from oven.
- Once cooled, remove stems and seeds from bell pepper and place in a blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except basil and blend until smooth. Taste the mixture and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Serve over pasta and garnish with basil and nuts or seeds.
Nutrition per serving: 490 calories, 73 g carbohydrates, 20 g fat, 5 g fiber, 12 g protein, 420 mg sodium, 5 g sugar.
Recipe from: feastingathome.com