Crispy Indian Okra
Serving size: 3 servings
- 12 oz. fresh or frozen baby okra
- 3 Tbsp. avocado oil
- ½ tsp. cumin seeds
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 Serrano pepper, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ inch ginger, minced
- ¼ tsp. turmeric
- ¼ tsp. salt, adjust to taste
- If using frozen okra, thaw completely. Slice okra into rounds and let dry completely.
- Over medium-high heat, add two tablespoons oil. Allow oil to warm up, then add cumin seeds and cook until browned.
- Add onions and the pepper and mix to combine. Sauté for 10 minutes or until onion begins to brown.
- Add garlic, ginger and remaining spices. Stir well, reduce heat to medium and add remaining oil and okra. Sauté for an additional ten to twelve minutes or until okra is crispy. Enjoy immediately.
Nutrition per serving: 180 calories, 13 g carbohydrates, 14 g fat, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein, 200 mg sodium, 3 g sugar.
Recipe from: myheartbeets.com