Crusted Broiled Tomatoes
Yields 4 servings
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. ground red pepper
- 6 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 cup soft, fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 cup low sodium Parmesan cheese, grated
- Place your oven rack 5 ½ inches from heat source, then preheat broiler.
- Slice the tomatoes in half and put on a baking sheet. Spread mustard on cut side of tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and ground red pepper.
- Mix melted butter, breadcrumbs and cheese together. Spoon mixture onto the tomato halves and broil for 2 minutes or until crumbs are golden brown and tomatoes are thoroughly warmed.
Nutrition per serving: 330 calories, 13 g carbohydrates, 65 mg cholesterol, 26 g fat, 330 mg sodium.
Recipe from: southernliving.com