Cucumber Slices with Smoky Sunflower Seed Pâté
Serving size: 6 servings
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 2 Tbsp. fresh dill, minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 medium cucumber, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika, to taste
- Fresh dill and/or halved cherry tomatoes to garnish
- Soak sunflower seeds in a medium bowl with 2 cups of water for 4-24 hours. Drain and rinse sunflower seeds.
- Place rinsed seeds in a food processor with 1/3 cup water, garlic, lemon juice, paprika, fresh dill and salt. Pulse until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings if desired.
- Place cucumber slices on a platter. Place sunflower pâté in a plastic sandwich bag and cut off the corner of the bag. Squeeze the pâté onto the cucumber slices. Garnish with fresh dill and halved cherry tomatoes if desired.
Nutrition per serving: 130 calories, 8 g carbohydrates, 9 g fat, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein, 190 mg sodium, 2 g sugar.
Recipe from: kitchentreaty.com