Curried Sweet Potato & Carrot Ginger Soup
Serving size: 6 servings
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 1/2 cup shallots chopped
- 3 cups sweet potato, peeled & cubed
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, sliced
- 1 tbsp. ginger grated
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium high heat. Add shallots and sauté for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add sweet potato, carrots, ginger, and curry, cook 2 additional minutes. Add broth, bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in salt.
- Pour half of the soup into a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth. Repeat with remaining soup. Reheat if needed and serve.
Nutrition per serving: 134 calories, 25 g carbohydrates, 2 g fat, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein, 293 mg sodium, 8 g sugar.
Recipe from: health.com