Dairy-free Cream of Mushroom Soup
Yields 5, 1 cup servings
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. thyme, dried
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 4 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 4 cups unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice
- Using a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and onion and sauté until tender around 8-10 minutes.
- Next, add the garlic, salt, vinegar, thyme, and pepper. Mix well and cook one minute.
- Mix the cornstarch and almond milk together until smooth. Then add the almond milk mixture to the saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and stir continuously until thick, about 3-4 minutes.
Nutrition per serving: 140 calories, 13 g carbohydrates, 8 g fat, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein, 620 mg sodium, 3 g sugar.
Recipe from: tasteofhome.com