Dark Chocolate Beet Fudge
Serving size: 16 servings
- 16 oz. medjool dates, pitted
- 2 medium beets, steamed or boiled, skin removed, chopped
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 6 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup raw walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Put dates in a medium bowl and cover with boiling water, let sit 10 minutes until softened.
- In the meantime, put chopped chocolate and coconut oil in a Pyrex measuring cup in a pot of boiling water, stirring until chocolate has melted and ingredients are well mixed.
- Drain water from beets and put them in a food processor, vanilla, cocoa powder, cinnamon and salt. Process until smooth, mixture should be thick. Scrape the sides of the food processor to ensure all ingredients are well combined.
- While the food processor is on, pour in the melted chocolate and coconut oil through the top opening and process until smooth.
- Add walnuts and fold into fudge mixture.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking pan, spread out evenly. If needed, take another piece of parchment paper, place on top of fudge and gently press down to make fudge compressed and even in the pan. Refrigerate 2 hours. Once chilled, remove fudge from pan onto a cutting board and slice into 16 pieces. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator or freeze in a freezer bag.
Nutrition per serving: 206 calories, 23 g carbohydrates, 14 g fat, 5 g fiber, 4 g protein, 45 mg sodium, 15 g sugar.
Recipe from: lovebeets.com