Easy Cauliflower Fried Rice
Serving size: 4 servings
- 2 Tbsp. peanut oil, divided
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tsp. reduced-sodium tamari
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- ½ cup unsalted peanuts
- 2 tbsp. chile garlic sauce
- 4 cups cauliflower rice, about 1-2 lb. head cauliflower
- 2 scallions, sliced, greens and whites separated, divided
- Place cauliflower florets in a food processor and pulse until it becomes rice-sized pieces.
- Using a large skillet, add 1 tablespoon oil and heat over medium. Add the eggs and cook. Flip eggs after 2 minutes and cook thoroughly. Remove from pan and slice into thin, bite-sized strips.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the pan. Add cauliflower rice, pepper, scallions, and ginger. Cook and stir occasionally until cauliflower begins to brown, around 5 minutes. Add the chile garlic sauce, tamari, peanuts and egg. Mix until combined and thoroughly heated. Garnish with scallion greens if desired.
Nutrition per serving: 310 calories, 21 g carbohydrates, 185 mg cholesterol, 30 g fat, 8 g fiber, 17 g protein, 260 mg sodium, 7 g sugar.
Recipe from: eatingwell.com