- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 1/2 lbs. eggplant, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, add tomato, garlic, and ginger and cook over medium heat for three minutes, stirring often.
- Add the curry powder and cook until fragrant, about two minutes. Next, add in the diced eggplant, then add the stock and bring to a boil.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper, cover, and simmer over low heat. Stir occasionally until eggplant is tender, about 8 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the eggplant from the saucepan and set aside. Increase heat and boil the liquid for about three minutes or until the liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup. Add the eggplant back into the saucepan to reheat it and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition per serving: 120 calories, 14 g carbohydrates, 7 g fat, 6 g fiber, 2 g protein, 440 mg sodium, 8 g sugar.
Recipe from: foodandwine.com