Serving size: 6
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, grated
- 1/2 cup wheat germ or almond flour
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 3/4 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 medium eggplant
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Move the rack 4 inches from the broiler and then preheat the broiler. Set aside a baking sheet and spray with cooking spray.
- Whisk the eggs in a shallow bowl. Then mix the cheese, wheat germ, or almond flour and seasonings together in a separate shallow bowl.
- Trim off the ends of the eggplant. Cut the eggplant lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices then cut the slices into 1/2-inch strips.
- Dip the eggplant strips into the egg mixture first, then roll in the cheese mixture. Place each strip on the baking sheet. Once all eggplant strips are on the baking sheet, spray some cooking spray over the eggplants. Broil for three minutes then flip each strip. Spray with cooking spray and broil an additional 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with marinara sauce and enjoy.
Nutrition per serving: 120 calories, 13 g carbohydrates, 70 mg cholesterol, 4.5 g fat, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein, 580 mg sodium, 5 g sugar.
Recipe from: tasteofhome.com