Fennel, Grapefruit and Apple Salad
Serving size: 2 servings
- 2 bulbs fennel, trimmed & thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green apple, peeled & thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 red grapefruit, peeled, white pith cut off & sectioned
- 2 tbsp. toasted walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 tbsp. basil leaves, torn
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- 2 tsp. grapefruit juice
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- In a serving bowl, layer fennel, onion, and apple slices. Drizzle apple slices with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice. Next, top salad with grapefruit sections, toasted walnuts, and basil leaves.
- In a small bowl, whisk 2 teaspoons lemon juice with lime juice, grapefruit juice, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle dressing over the salad.
Nutrition per serving: 248 calories, 52 g carbohydrates, 5 g fat, 13 g fiber, 6 g protein, 202 mg sodium, 36 g sugar.
Recipe from: allrecipes.com