Serving size: 4 servings
- 4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large eggplant, thinly sliced
- 3 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. fresh marjoram, chopped
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp. salt, divided
- 2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- ¼ tsp. ground pepper
- 1 tbsp. red-wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In a large cast-iron pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add the onion, pepper and ¼ teaspoon salt and sauté, stirring frequently for about 10 minutes or until fragrant. Remove pan from heat. If you don’t have a cast-iron pan, transfer mixture to an oven safe pan.
- Begin to layer eggplant, zucchini and tomatoes over the pepper and onion sauté. Layers will overlap. Drizzle dish with 2 tablespoons oil and season with pepper and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake until vegetables are tender, about one hour. Remove from oven, drizzle vinegar and 1 tablespoon oil over the top and sprinkle with freshly chopped marjoram. Cool 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition per serving: 240 calories, 28 g carbohydrates, 15 g fat, 8 g fiber, 4 g protein, 300 mg sodium, 12 g sugar.
Recipe from: eatingwell.com